600gm market fish fillet steak, 150gm each
350gm gourmet baby potatoes
350gm fresh chorizo sausage (good quality from your butcher)
150ml extra Virgin Olive oil
100gm unsalted butter
2 lemons, 1 zested
Salt and pepper
300gm tomatoes, quartered
50gm Italian parsley
20gm mint leaves
1. Remove the fish steaks from the fridge and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the potatoes in a pot with cold water and salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until just cooked. Strain and place to one side.
3. Chargrill the chorizo sausage on the BBQ. Remove and set aside to rest.
4. Heat a pan and add the potatoes with olive oil, butter and seasoning. Toss to get a good even colour, turn down the heat and leave to cook slowly. Dice the cooled chorizo into cubes and add to the potato.
5. Oil and season the fish steaks and place onto the grill and cook for 4 minutes before turning. Turn the fish over and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Take off the grill, place on a plate with the potatoes and chorizo.
7. Add tomatoes and fresh picked herbs into a bowl and toss. Season. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil and plate next to the fish with a lemon wedge.
Credit: Auckland Seafood School